A standout amongst the most timely notification of the region concerns the region of the principal St. Nahi’s Church in the eighth century on which site the present eighteenth century church starting at now stands. The out of date name for Dundrum is “Taney” which gets from Tigh Naithi meaning the house or place of Nath Í.
Late archeological unearthings near the assemblage have revealed three isolate regions related with the gathering, the most dependable dating from the 6th century, and an enormous find was a generally add up to Flemish Redware holder from the thirteenth century.
The central reference to the placename of Taney occurs in the Charter of St. Laurence O’Toole to Christchurch in 1178 as “half of Rathnahi” and in the following year in a Papal bull of Pope Alexander III to vague ministerial administrator from “Medietatem de Tignai”. Assortments of the spelling continued until the mid-sixteenth century.
Right when the Normans arrived in 1169, a movement of fortifications were worked around Dublin. A house was worked in Dundrum as a segment of this game plan of outside posts around the thirteenth century. Later in 1590, a more avant-garde house was worked by Richard Fitzwilliam as a component of a key line of castles inside the Pale. The principal town gathered around Dundrum Castle and was seen as a commonplace defensive station against assaults and strikes from Irish factions and families, for instance, the O’Tooles and the O’Byrnes. In 1619, an association, William FitzWilliam, third Viscount FitzWilliam was permitted the château in affirmation of his intensity and quality while guarding against these assaults anyway was driven out in 1642. He returned by 1646 yet left again, never to return, in 1653. His family gripped the Fitzwilliam arrange until 1790. The house was never reoccupied and exists today as remnants dismissing the Dundrum Bypass and the new strip shopping center. Progressing unearthings in 1989 recovered green covered stoneware known as “Leinster Ware”, shells from shellfishes and cockles, animal bones, and shards of earthenware production from Saintongue in France probably used for securing wine.
The passage of Richard Fitzwilliam and the working of the manor developed business activity in the zone. The town was exceptional for “The Manor Mill” where corn was ground into flour. A surge course was in like manner used by a paper procedure and an iron works.
In 1813, the primary Roman Catholic church on Main Street was made. It was supplanted by a greater working in 1878 and stamped when Dundrum was constituted an alternate ward from locale already anchored by Booterstown. A huge development was worked in 1956. The gathering is worked in a Gothic style from Dublin shake with Portland and Bath stone used for the envelops of windows and doors.
In 1818, Christ Church on Taney Road was opened as a swap for a more diminutive church that stayed on a comparative site. Offering seat districts raised sponsoring for the new building, and the offer of 18 situates on the ground and 8 on the show raised nearly £400. The modeler for the new church was William Farrell. Walter Bourne was considered in 1795 in Dublin. He kicked the basin on 19 Nov 1881 in Taney House. He married Louisa Arabella Minchin in 1821.
The primary Dundrum station worked by William Dargan in 1854 behind the front line Luas stop.
The town broadened extraordinarily after the arrival of the Dublin and South Eastern Railway (DSER) in 1854. By 1876, the Manor Mill transformed into a Laundry and was the greatest business of female work in the district, The Laundry hooter was a general and particularly venerated sound in its day, and would sound at 7.50am for thirty seconds, by then at 8am to start work, and besides at 13.50, 14.00, ultimately at 16.50 and 17.00.
In 1881, an adjacent engineer, John Richardson, raised 26 lodges known as the Pembroke Cottages. The Manor Mill Laundry acquired six of these lodges for its workers.
In 1893, a Dublin authority named Trevor Overend purchased an eighteenth century farmhouse. Today, this building is named Airfield House and is accessible to individuals by and large.
The Dun Emer Press was built up at Dundrum by Elizabeth Yeats, helped by her kin William Butler Yeats, in 1903.
In 1914, a Carnegie Library was opened by the then Lord Chancellor. At first, the library was used as an incitement office for the system and the upper floor was furnished with a stage and even a kitchen. The building was similarly used as a school until the 1950s.